Thursday, May 10, 2007

Upstate NY

On our way from San Diego to Syracuse, we encountered our first travel crisis when we learned that our plane was delayed and might not be in in time to fly out before the 11:30 curfew at the SD airport. Seeing as though we needed to be to Munnsville the next day for my parent's surprise anniversary party (40 years!), we had to switch to another airline. Luckily, it wasn't a problem, so I figure that's a good omen for the rest of the trip....

The anniversary party was great. I got the chance to catch up with family and friends I haven't seen in years and Gil got to meet everyone. We were also fortunate to see our friend's Melissa and Chris and their family in Munnsville, because Melissa's grandmother's surprise 80th birthday party the same day!

The weather was beautiful, so we spent a lot of time outdoors - hiking to the local waterfalls, biking around the valley, kayaking in the Adirondacks and chilling and listening to the wildlife on the new porch swing Gil helped build.

We also got to visit my uncle's hops-and-miniature-animal farm. He has reindeer, a zebu, a miniature pony and pygmy goats.
We had a wonderful time - hard to believe I won't be back here for at least a year...

2 comments:

european vacation said...

Is it really safe to have a SURPRISE birthday party for an 80 year old?! I hope she made it through. =)
Kellie

Anonymous said...

Thanks Gil, for putting together the swing. I'm sure Al would have taken another 40 years to do it. Love ya Jen! Have a great adventure.

Uncle Larry and Aunt Kate